Monday, March 23, 2009

Change is nice

This nice Color yellow here is the new look of our hallway. (off the living room, on your way to the rest of our house.) When we redecorated the living room (about 5 years ago) We didn't continue the new paint into the hallway. I think the reason was LAZINESS lack of enough paint. Then we put up fresh new wood trim throughout the living room. we didn't continue that project into the hallway either. I think the reason for this was LAZINESS lack of time. So last week, when Gary brought up the fact that he still had enough wood to finish the hallway, and threw out the idea of a fresh paint job at the same time, I jumped on the thought. Hey any time a husband is willing to start a home improvement project - Don't dilly dally or the moment will be lost for years who knows how long. So Thursday I ran to Home depot on my lunch hour. Picked out the nice yellow to compliment the red we have in the living room. ( I have never picked out paint that fast in my life - a time limit is good for me). When I got home from work, Gary had all the old trim off the walls. All I had to do was take down the pictures, wait for all three kids to fall asleep, and start painting at 10:00 at night. (Kyle fought off sleep extra hard that night)
I finished the second coat at about 1:30am and flopped myself into bed.
Hey - you gotta paint when the painting is good. (when all 30 tiny fingers are asleep.) As of today, Gary has most of the new trim up. It looks MArvEloUS! I absolutely love the red and the yellow together. Yellow is my favorite color to begin with, but that shade is now my most favorite. There is just something about the feeling you get after painting a room in the house. It makes me want to keep going to the other rooms that need a face lift. money prevents me from getting too excited, but for now, I have been hanging out in the hall a lot. All of those dreams about knocking down walls, and making a new living room - they just got Color added to them!

6 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Love the combo! I have that red in my bedroom and have been thinking about a muted yellow/red for the kitchen. But can I find a muted red without it being, well, pink?

Also, I always paint when Patrick is out of town, because I cannot STAND his painting skills!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

I love yellow! So bright and cheery!

Jennifer W said...

hey, that is my "hallway yellow", too!

Jen said...

I love the look and thought of new paint. It is so cool how it can just change a room but I hate all the work.

Sarahviz said...

Hey lady! I couldn't find your e-mail address listed - will you send me one? I have a question for you: sarahviz@yahoo.com
Thanks!

chasing dreams said...

I painted my bedroom that color yellow 4 summers ago...planned on coordinating my bathroom with a French blue...still haven't found "the time!"