Wednesday, October 21, 2009
The reason I got thinking about all of this and wanted to blog it, was because we Just had another major change. The yard has always been outlined with tall spruce trees. They were planted when I was just a baby - or maybe before, I'm not sure. they were great for privacy, they were great for assurance that no kids could get to the busy street. What they were not great for, was the power company. After years of the power company going by and
They were pretty ugly. So we contacted the power company last year and asked if they would just cut them down next time. They agreed that the next time they were scheduled to cut on our street, that they would take care of whatever would fit in the chipper. That time was today! major major change to our yard. - Although I think it is a good one - my mind is reeling about how I am going to utilize the front yard now - what landscaping I will dedicate next summer to. It is very exciting. Don't worry - I took pictures (for you Janie!) as you can see, there is still a lot of cleanup to do on our part. I will update you in the spring.
now if I could only talk the power company into putting the lines under ground so they weren't so .......... power liney looking!
Friday, October 16, 2009
We did THIS:
But the house is still a mess.......
Friday, October 9, 2009
- 4 hours until I am on a long weekend
- 8 hours until an out of town relative who we have never met comes to stay at my mom's for a week!
- 8 hours 30 minutes until that said relative will think my kids are crazy, and we will need to head home.
- 1 day until one of the kids asks to go to a toy store for some "junk"
- 2 days until our Sunday Morning coffee ritual at the farm - I look forward to it so much. This Sunday will include the out of town relatives.
- 3 days 'til I have to really buckle down and get things packed and organized for Disney
- 6 days until payday - oh gosh , stretching 'til then SUCKS
- 14 days until we will be staying up all night long because we are too excited to sleep - leaving for Disney in the morning!
- 15 days until the 9 of us will board that plane to Disney in disbelief that the day has finally arrived!
- 22 days until Halloween - where we will be trick or treating AT Disney!
- 23 days until the Disney Vacation of a lifetime is over and we are heading back home.
- 23 days 6 hours 'til we collapse from exhaustion and have to think about getting up for work in the morning.