Monday, May 18, 2009

Observant? Honest? or just plain OBVIOUS?

Hey ! - It's been a while. I intended to blog these thoughts from Mother's day on.....or around... well, Mother's day! But I have been a little "pre-occupied" at work, and it is just plain too hard to blog at someone Else's Internet blessed house. SO, I broke down and signed up for dial-up again. (dun dun dunnnnn!) yes, I said (say it in slow motion) d.i.a.l....u..p.
It is kinda painful to try to blog with such SLOWNESS. But that is just the kind of blog junkie I have become. I need my fix - even under these conditions.

So anyway, back to Mother's Day.

Think way back to Mother's day - What kind of sweet nothings did your kids say to you??? How much love was in the air at your house???

WOW - mine too......except I also got this compliment from my 7 year old. :
"Mom? how come when Kerrigan came out of your belly, you never got slim again???"

oooohhh OUCH! - yeah. That one stung. - Kids, you gotta love 'em!

I said "I guess cause it's hard for Mommy to find time to exercise. - I sure wish I had your flat, muscled up tummy!"

This brings me to Another story. It was about a year ago. Miss Vivian was in my bedroom with me while I was getting dressed. And this little voice so cute and innocent, almost sounded excited as she said...." Someday, I'm going to get LONG boobies like you! right Mom??!??!!!

"oh - only if your lucky"

(In my defense, I did breastfeed kyle till he was 18 months, Vivian to 12 months and Kerrigan to 9 months.....they sucked the life out of them!)

"out of the mouths of babes", as they say.

Mother's day was all in all a very nice day. I was given a couple of really cute gifts. One was made at preschool, and the other in first grade. That was really all I needed. We also had a little cookout picnic. (stuffed the fat belly a little fuller.) - My birthday I am asking for Diet Pills!

3 comments:

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Hahahahahahaha! I mean......waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

One day your kids will appreciate everything you have gone through for them. At least thats what keeps me going when I get comments just like that from my kids!

corin said...

I cant believe you were brave enough to share that story from Viv. And yes, we should all have kyle's physique!!!

Mom said...

Allison that was hilarious!!!