Wednesday, June 24, 2009

HaPpY BiRtHdAy BaBy

I remember the good old days when a year seemed like such a long time.... Not anymore! - It seems like the years are just flying by now that I am watching my 3 little ones sprout new things each and every day! I have really seen this happening with Kerrigan. Today is her birthday. She is 2.
I clearly remember her 1st birthday as if it was last week. dressed in her size 18 month outfit that I was sad to put away just 2 months after she wore it. She is really growing like a weed! not like a weed, but more like the cutest little flower......
In just one year she has learned so much!
**She is much wiser now - Kyle can only fool her into jumping for something as he snatches it away 1 time before she hauls off and clocks him for teasing!
**She now knows that Mom and Dad are suckers for allowing all 3 kids to climb into bed with them - no matter how cramped it gets.
**She knows how to tattle on Her brother and sister for things like splashing in the tub and pinching. And she also know how to join in with the splashing in the tub and the pinching.
**She knows how to offer Gramma Cindy some coffee when she comes for a visit. (too cute)
**She is not afraid of bugs, or lizards, or MEN!
**She knows that Hugs and kisses are the best medicine.
**She knows her hair is pretty in a pony
**She knows how to read her books at Meme's house from memory.
**she has learned that persistence gets results.
Yes folks. This is my 2 year old...my not-so-baby baby...daddy's princess...mommy's almost birthday present.....
She is growing so fast - almost faster than her brother and sister did - it seems.

Will it ever slow back down? probably not, and soon I will be feeling like my Mother who just watched her baby (me) turn 32 yesterday.

4 comments:

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

awww precious....and happy birthday to you and your little girl!!!

corin said...

I still cant get over that my little sister is 32 and has 3 kids. and that I have a child entering high school....talk about time flying. You are right, it seems like Kerrigan went from newborn to two in minutes. She is such a cutie! happy birthday to her. and you.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kerrigan! Umm...she looks like Vivian in this picture- we really need to get together more often!

Jane said...

Happy Birthday, Allison. Did you get that scallops dinner? I hope you enjoyed it as much as your mother and I did the first time we made it. Yes, time flies - all the more reason to spend that precious time with your family and capture the moments as you do so beautifully. Love, Jane